Xinuos is proud to announce the immediate availability of its FreeBSD Xinuos OpenServer 10.3 operating system. Xinuos OpenServer 10.3 provides enhanced stability in addition to some excellent new features and broader compatibility. Here are some of the highlights:
- UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) boot loader enhanced
- Now follows /boot/config or /boot.config files.
- Defines default configuration options for boot block.
- Multiple device boot
- ZFS boot capability added to UEFI boot loader
- Support for multiple ZFS Boot Environments (BEs), beadm utility (boot environment manager )
- Installation utility has been enhanced to enable creating root on ZFS with installation on UEFI systems in automatic mode.
- Linux compatibility layer has been improved and now capable of running many 64-bit applications on amd64 (x86_64), 1:1 threading.
- Recently added Partner ports
- Veryant isCobol has been ported to Xinuos OpenServer 10
- FilePro ported to Xinuos OpenServer 10
- Updated drivers to support hardware found in Intel Skylake generation and newer chipsets
- First implementation of reroot support added to reboot utility enabling the root file system to be mounted from a temporary source file system without requiring a full system reboot
- Xinuos OpenCommander continues to be updated, now includes a virtual machine management layer
- Many Xinuos OpenServer 10 utilities have been updated to new versions to support new hardware and features. See Xinuos OpenServer 10.3 release notes for specific detail
Read more about this new operating system at www.xinuos.com
OpenServer 6 is based on SCO OpenServer 5, one of the most installed and used UNIX operating systemes for the Intel processor platform. This latest version has all the technical features one would expect finding in a modern operating system. The product is also available in a version for virtual platforms (such as VMware och MS Hyper-V), and that model is called SCO OpenServer 6V.
OpenServer 5.0.7 has been on the market for more than 20 years and you can still buy an official license. This product also comes in a version adapted for virtual environments such as VMware or Hyper-V, then it is called SCO OpenServer 5.0.7V.
UnixWare 7.1.4 is the other branch on the Xinuos operating system product tree. UnixWare 7.1.4 is on the same technical level as OpenServer 6 but originates for a Novell product. Many customers still likes this version of UNIX OS for intel platforms due to its known stability and scalability. SCO UnixWare 714 is available for virtual environments, then it is called SCO UnixWare 714+.
NOTE! All the above operating system products are only offered as a subscription service for a period of 1 or 3 years, or as a “lifetime license”, including new version upgrades and services free of charges.
We also offer CD Media Kits, upgrades/tradeins from older versions and all the other products and add-ons available for OpenServer and UnixWare, as well as technical support and consultancy. So if you have any questions regarding Xinous please do not hesitate to contact us!